25 Mar Fear and Love – 2 Most Fundamental Motivations for Whatever We Do, and Don’t do!
Posted at 20:41h
in Career Change
In every conversation I have with people wanting to make a life change or a career change, I hear the first emotion in many forms. Fears around career change may look like these
“I don’t feel confident about my strengths” – means I fear I am not capable enough
“I don’t think I fit into this company’s culture” – means I fear I am in the wrong place, and will stay stuck unless I move /do something
“I am missing a sense of purpose in my work.” – means I fear I may be doing less than what I am capable of because I can’t connect to a strong enough why.
So what can help in overcoming these fears around career change?
Replacing fear with the only other emotion as strong – love
– Love for the challenge you are up for
– Love for the kind of work you are about to do.
– Love for the kind of life you want to create for yourself.
– Love for the people to whom you want to offer your gifts, what you create.
– Love for yourself, your uniqueness and your dreams.
– Ready to replace your fears with love? Coaching can help.
Kavita, an alumna of IIM Ahmedabad, brings 20 years of experience in Experiential Learning, Coaching, Personal Growth & Change. Her forte is Career Transition Coaching and Leadership Development for mid-senior individuals, helping them find success and fulfilment at work . She also teaches Career & Self Development courses at leading management institutes including IIM Kozhikode, IIM Udaipur, IIM Indore and at the IITs.